Sunday, April 26, 2009

Helping Tami - Bone Marrow Drive



I only recently met Stacie Tamaki of The Flirty Bride but I wanted to help Stacie get the word out because I also learned that she is feverishly working on a drive to find a bone marrow match for her cousin Tami. Tami was diagnosed with a bone marrow disease/blood cancer very similar to Leukemia called Myelodysplasia and needs a stem cell transplant. Her possibility of finding a match is best among the Asian community, and apparently, there are very few Asians in the National Bone Marrow Registry.

I hope that I never am faced with such a situation, but if I was, I would sure want someone to spread the word for my loved one. Please check out this website www.HelpingTami.org to learn more about Tami and how to register for the National Marrow Donor Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment