Saturday, January 10, 2009

Love and Money

I read a great blog post the other day. Liene Stevens from Blue Orchid Designs in Scottsdale, Arizona wrote an article in her blog entitled Your Wedding Budget Does Not Define You which I highly recommend as required reading for all engaged couples.

I, too, have seen stress on the faces of many wedding couples as they quickly realize the price tag attached to all the wedding details they have dreamed of. I have participated in some remarkable productions, but the most wonderful weddings I have attended have had little to do with how gorgeous the flowers were or how big the band was, but with thoughtful, meaningful details and the energy and love in the room. Sounds hokey, I know, but it's true.

Embrace your budget and create something that works within it. Trying to deliver a $100,000 look on a $10,000 budget will most often deliver stress and disappointing results. Be realistic and make the most of what you've got!



No comments:

Post a Comment